Version date July 30, 2021
The Children’s Care created this Privacy Notice to demonstrate respect for your privacy preferences and to disclose our information collection and sharing practices.
This Privacy Notice explains how The Children’s Care. (“TCC”, “we” or “us”) collects and processes your Personal Data. Each time you use our Site, the current version of the Privacy Notice will apply. Accordingly, whenever you use our Site, you should check the date of this Privacy Notice (which appears at the top) and review any changes since the last version. This Privacy Notice is applicable to all Site visitors, registered users, and all other users of our Site.
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to any identifiers such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
By visiting www.thechildrenscare.org (the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Privacy Notice and consent to our data collection, use, sharing and processing practices as set forth in this Privacy Notice. Our nominated authorized representative for the purposes of the GDPR can be contacted at [email protected]
The Personal Information We Collect:
Depending on the type of communication or transaction, we may collect and process the following the personal data:
- date of birth
- postal address
- telephone numbers
- organization name
- email address
- credit card, bank information or billing information
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Location information
Personal data we collect from others – this is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites (operated by us, or another member of our group) or use any other services provided by another member of our group or us.
Non-personal data – We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses
- Browser type and plug-in details
- Device type (e.g. Desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Operating system
- Local time zone
We may use Non-personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
We may also collect and process information about your interactions with us, including details about our contacts with you through email, SMS, India Post, on the phone or in person (i.e., the date, time, and method of contact), details about donations you make to us, events or activities that you register for or attend and any other support you provide to us. We may also collect and record any other relevant information you share with us about yourself, including your interests or your affiliations with other charities, community groups, your employer or a The Children’s Care corporate partner.
How We Use Your Personal Data:
We will only process your Personal Data including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time, (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (3) we are required by law, (4) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, (5) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
Personal Data you give to us. We will use this Personal Data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from your membership or sponsorship, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and membership services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about our work or our activities;
- To fundraise in accordance with our internal policies and procedures;
- To organize events that you have registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
- To process donations, sponsorships and purchases from our Gift Catalog;
- To provide our newsletters and publications, provided you have given your consent;
- To respond to your questions and provide related services;
- To provide you with information about other events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or attended, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- To tailor advertising that is presented to you on the Internet according to your interests, preferences and other characteristics (as described below);
- To respond to applications for employment;
- To transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- Where we are required by law to disclose or otherwise use your information.
Information we collect about you. We will use this Personal Data:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- If you make a donation, we will use this Personal Data to create an account for you where you can securely access your donation history;
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Personal Data we receive from other sources:
- We will combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined Personal Data for the purposes set out above.
We Do Not Knowingly Collect Information From Children:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to provide us with their personal information without verifiable parent or guardian consent. If you are under 18, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone numbers, or email address, unless you have your parent’s or guardian’s permission. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18, and do not have a parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
In accordance with certain state laws, minors under the age of 18 may remove or request and obtain removal of content and information that they post on the Site.
If you believe that we might have any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, or if you wish to remove or request and obtain removal of content and information, please contact us at [email protected] or call us Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM Indian Standard time at 91.8051.80.8888.
The Children’s Care has a layered security in our systems and only designated employees have access to hard copies of your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. This means that information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a “closed” lock symbol is displayed in the bottom part of your browser screen and the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an “https” instead of an “http”. Donation pages are verified by Verisign and transactions are processed using a Verisign merchant account.
The Personal Data that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in India. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through our Site, it will be transferred to our servers in India where there are varying Central Government of India and state Government, and industry recognized data protection requirements in place.
The Children’s Care May Share Your Personal Information:
- We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice with:
- With a member of our group
- With partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Financial Transactions. The Children’s Care hires third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services and order fulfillment services. If you choose to make an application for employment, make a donation online, by phone, through the mail or by other means, or make a purchase from our Gift Catalog we will share your personal information with our processing service providers.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
- Trusted third-party companies and individuals
- Other non-profits
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset
You May Always Change Your Privacy Preferences By Contacting Us:
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please email us at [email protected] or call us Monday through Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM Indian Standard time at 91.8051.80.8888.
How Long We Store Your Personal Data:
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
Cookies and Pixels:
By using our Site, our social media pages (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Instagram, etc), subscribing to our services, donating to us and/or shopping online, you agree that, unless you have set your computer’s browser to reject them, we can place the types of cookies set out below on your device and use that data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
You do not have to accept our cookies and can block them by opting out via the banner at the top of our site that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. You may also delete them after they have been placed on your hard drive. If you do not accept or delete our cookies, some areas of the Site that you access may take more time to work, or may not function properly.
Cookies and how we use them:
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, if you agree. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device and to target the content displayed to the user’s interests.
You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Types of cookies
There are two broad types of cookies – ‘first party cookies’ and ‘third party cookies’:
First party cookies are cookies that are served directly by the website operator to your computer, and are often used to recognize your computer when it revisits that site and to remember your preferences as you browse the site. Basically, these are our cookies.
Third party cookies are served by a service provider on behalf of the website operator, and can be used by the service provider to recognize your computer when you visit other web sites. Third party cookies are most commonly used for web site analytics or advertising purposes.
In addition, cookies may be either ‘session cookies’ or ‘persistent cookies’. Your computer automatically removes session cookies once you close your browser. Persistent cookies will survive on your computer until an expiry date specified in the cookie itself, is reached. We use both session and persistent cookies.
Categories of cookies we use
1. Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential for the user to move around the website and to use its features, e.g. shopping baskets and e-billing.
2. Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how the user makes use of the site, e.g. which pages the user visits most. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the user.
3. Functionality cookies: These cookies remember choices made by or attributes of the user and enhance the features and content you experience during your visit to our website, e.g. language, appeals visited or user’s location. This cookie is also used to remember a user’s preferences for a font size, or customizable parts of a web page.
4. Marketing cookies: These cookies collect information about the users’ browsing habits. This may also include your use of social media sites, e.g. Facebook, etc. or how you interact with our website which then shows you relevant content elsewhere on the internet.These may also be used to choose the advertisements that are displayed to you on our website and other websites.
What information do we collect using cookies?
We may collect some, or all, of the information available from cookies when you visit our website, depending on how you use it. We monitor how people use our website so we can improve it. We collect this information anonymously.
However, you can choose to use our website anonymously without giving us any information. Please see ‘Changing your cookie preferences’ below.
- the areas of the website you visit;
- the amount of time you spend on the site;
- whether you are new to the site, or have visited it before;
- the country, region, city and/or borough associated with your IP address or device;
- how you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine;
- the type of device and browser you use;
- how you use the website and the quality of your experience – for example we may track your bandwidth when viewing videos;
- how you interact with our donation and sign up forms – for example what you select as your communication preferences; and
- any error messages that you receive on the site
Although not through cookies, we do measure the success of the emails we send – so we know what subject lines and stories people liked the most. We receive this information anonymously, we don’t share this information.
The Children’s Care may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that The Children’s Care may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want The Children’s Care to collect information about you, please contact The Children’s Care at [email protected] call 91.8051.80.8888 (8:00am-5:00pm IST, M-F) to opt out.
Website statistics analytics, testing and personalization
Our website currently uses two types of web analytics services:
1. Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which (as discussed above) are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You can always opt-out of Google Analytics cookies by Google’s opt-out tool.
You can always opt-out of Adobe Analytics cookies by Adobe’s opt-out tool.
Other third-party cookies
You may notice some other cookies that are not related to the The Children’s Care’s website whilst visiting www.thechildrenscare.org. Some of our pages contain embedded content such as YouTube video, Twitter feed, Facebook, Instagram likes or Google plus share, and you may receive cookies delivered from these websites. The children’s Care does not govern the publication of third-party cookies. To understand more about their cookies and privacy statements, please visit the relevant sites.
Some of our cookies will remind you about our work and how you can help after you have left the website. These are the targeting/advertising cookies we use. It is a useful tool for us to keep public awareness of our campaigns and how they can be supported.
If you do not want cookies to be stored on your PC it is possible to disable this function without affecting your navigation around the site.
Changing your cookie preferences
The “Help” menu in the toolbar of most web browsers will tell you how to change your browser’s cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable cookies altogether. Below is some helpful guidance about how to make these changes.
How to disable cookies
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer and you wish to block The Children’s Care’s website cookies, you can perform the following:
1. On your browser tools menu, select ‘Internet Options’
2. Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and then on the ‘Sites’ button
3. Type into the ‘Address of website’ field: www.thechildrenscare.org
4. Click on the ‘Block’ button
5. Click on the OK button
Find out more information about blocking or deleting cookies using Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Firefox cookie management
- Chrome cookie management
- Safari cookie management
Find out more detailed information on disabling cookies.
Transfer of Personal Data for International Users:
We are headquartered in India. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in India or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the India, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the India where our servers are located, and our central dataset is operated. Any transfer of Personal Data from the India to the EEA, U.S. or any other country will utilize one or more of the approved data transfer mechanisms which may include Privacy Shield, Model Contractual Clauses or Binding Corporate Rules. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
In order to provide certain services and goods at our website, we contract with other companies and individuals. These additional services and goods may include “links” to other websites from our website. The Children’s Care’s privacy practices may not be applicable at any third-party sites. Anytime you leave the The Children’s Care website, we have no control regarding what information may be collected about you, nor do we control what third-parties might do with the information. For example, when you click on a merchant’s name at The Children’s Care site, you will be connected with the third-party merchant’s website (even if the The Children’s Care name/logo is on the screen). This merchant website should have its own privacy statement applying to transactions at their website. It is important that you review any privacy policies on third-party sites carefully, BEFORE you use any services or programs offered.
Terms of your text-to-donate gift & Refund and return Policy:
For donations made using the thechildrenscare.org website, if you have made an error in making your donation or changed your mind about contributing to The Children’s Care, we will honor your request for a refund made within 15 days of your donation.
To request a refund, call +91-8051-80-8888. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
If you did not make your donation using the thechildrenscare.org website, please get in touch with The Children’s Care office through which the donation was made to learn about applicable refund policies.
Contacting The Children’s Care About Privacy Preferences:
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by sending a message to us via one of the methods listed below.
Your Indian Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right by contacting us using the Contact Us section on our Site.
in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data
- Request correction of your Personal Data
- Request erasure of your Personal Data
- Object to processing of your Personal Data
- Request restriction of processing your Personal Data
- Request transfer of your Personal Data
Withdraw your consent
In addition, where you believe that The Children’s Care has not complied with its obligations under this Privacy Notice or Indian law, you have the right to make a complaint to Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the Contact Us section of our Site.